Monday, March 26, 2012

A Letter to Oprah


Oprah Winfrey
Oprah’s Angel Network
P.O. Box 96600
Chicago, IL 60693
Friday, March 23, 2012
Dear Ms Winfrey,
I am a freelance photographer who travels the Southern backroads, meets people, and documents poverty. I blog about some of my encounters and many of these people ask me to help them. My very small ministry is taking blankets to the less fortunate. A guy in one of my photos froze to death a few years ago, and I feel no one in America should go to bed cold.
During December last year, after doing some research, I made my destination Africa Town, Mobile, Alabama. Being an Alabama girl, I was surprised I had never heard of it. Little did I know where this adventure would lead and I found myself inside one of the oldest homes in the area with 85 year old Lottie Watts. I sat at the foot of her bed and heard her story. She had a personal birthday card from President Obama but when I asked her what I could do, she asked that I contact you to help her. Her tiny home is in deep disrepair and she loves to entertain guests from her bed. Hospitality has been her life for both homeless and needy people. I wish I had the money to help her, but at least I have a voice to make a plea for her.
Rather than ramble on further, please let me know if you would be interested in contacting her and I will give you her info. She is precious and I DO mean precious. I know this is a cry in the dark but she is waiting. 
Sincerely yours,
Vicki Wilson Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment