Friday, December 10, 2010

Bless You, First Lady of Alabama, Patsy Riley

First Lady Patsy Riley has a ministry called Blankets with a Blessing. I was blessed myself in being allowed to go to the Governor's Mansion, thanks to my talented and beautiful friend, Dorothy Ziegler,  to get a bundle of blankets to give out on one of my back roads trips to those who would need them in this brutal ~~so far~~ Southern winter. My wonderful Tuskeegee friend, William Bray, knows his community well and promised to give a few to those in his area.  My next stop was to a gentleman who is shut in and lives alone. Another blanket was given to a terminally ill man in Montgomery, who just wanted something warm for his bed.

The blankets have a simple prayer by St. Francis and the Bible verse John 16:33 attached. The message simply ends with

"This blanket comes to you with blessings from the First Lady of Alabama, Patsy Riley, and the citizens of Alabama."

So, thank you, Mrs. Riley, for this great ministry you started and your generous heart to reach out to those in need. Thank you also to the people of Alabama who donate these warm, fleecy blankets and to Leah and Emily, assistants to the First Lady. I wish you could meet each person you bless with your generosity!

No comments:

Post a Comment