Monday, November 29, 2010

Lunch

He reached his hand down into the trash can and looked up to glare at me. I asked permission to take the picture and he nodded yes. Have you ever seen someone eat from a trash can? It is heartbreaking. It truly makes me count my blessings that I take so much for granted. If you have read ~same kind of different As me~, you will understand the reason some eat (or pretend to eat) the leftovers from the filthy can when they are down and out and hungry. During this Christmas I encourage you who have plenty to share with others....toys, books, warm blankets, and food. It is such a privilege and joy to be able to help others who have so little. Unfortunately, the day I took this photo, I did not have money with me and will perhaps never see the man again. I hope someone else fed him that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment